Self-Help Credit Union
Thank you for visiting us at Self-Help Credit Union! We've been working to build stronger communities since 1980. We're based in Durham, North Carolina, and initially most of our work took place in NC. In recent years, we have expanded to have a presence in Florida and South Carolina. Today we serve more than 92,000 members through 35 branches and lending offices across four states. Members join us for lots of different reasons -- here are just a few:
- We offer fair and affordable checking and multiple ways to save and invest.
- We make home loans, car loans and fund small businesses for people with low-to-middle incomes.
- We help create jobs and spur economic development.
- Through our affiliate, the Center for Responsible Lending, we actively fight predatory lending practices.
- We work hard every day to expand economic opportunities in under-served communities.